Prime Minister, the Hon. Philip Davis toured the construction site of the hurricane shelter being built in Central Pines, Abaco last Friday.
Mr. Davis told reporters he expects the shelter to be open before this year’s hurricane season. He said, “the onslaught of climate change we are having so many hurricanes each year, the intensity of those hurricanes I don’t know that I can concern myself that we are spending too much money to get a result such as this.”
He further stated, “the concern is to ensure that lives are saved and livelihoods are protected.
A groundbreaking ceremony was held in December 2020 for the shelter under the Minnis administration. At the time the cost of the shelter was pegged at $1.8 million with a completion date set in 2021. Since then construction costs have grown to more the $4 million.
The post Abaco’s Hurricane Shelter Almost Complete appeared first on ZNS BAHAMAS.